Join our Cordon Bleu trained chefs for a new series of culinary classes just for adults!
In this class, participants will:
- learn the recipe and technique to making perfect traditional French pastry by hand
- learn professional tips including easy methods to rolling out dough and ensuring perfect flakiness
- learn the recipe and technique for making a fall crostata, Choose to Make Either of the Following:
- savory rustic galette with roasted heirloom tomatoes and cheddar cheese
- sweet fall apple galette with creamy salted caramel sauce
- learn in a professional teaching kitchen along other keen bakers
- Each participant will make a savory rustic pie and receive 1 glass of bubbly or a beverage of their choosing while their creations bake.
- Bakers are also invited to taste their dish in our dining area at the end of class
- small plate appetizers offered at the very start of class
For adults only. Perfect activity to experience with a friend, spouse or on your own! Come bake some memories with us. Tip: If you come as a pair, make sure to make both options to try both the savory and sweet versions of this dish!
Price is per participant
Class will be held at 276 Preston St, Ottawa
In keeping with our mission, a portion of proceeds from all Julianna Banana classes is shared with the Parkdale Food Centre (PFC), a local organization that strives to build healthier, more connected Neighbours and neighbourhoods through good food, innovative community partnerships, and by challenging inequalities in order to create lasting impacts. You can learn more about PFC here: Parkdale Food Centre – Neighbour to Neighbour